I've learned to make code small, simple, and readable. My aim is prolific and expeditious code output while maintaining quality. I make loosely-coupled components, understandable abstractions, and low-ceremony frameworks.
As a programmer, my first principle is user experience. Like most of us, I struggle with mediocre software every day, and I use that dissatisfaction to set a high standard for my work. The first end user is the next person who must understand and add to the code.
As a teammate and leader, I am devoted to friendliness and respect. I am a good communicator, love sharing my knowledge, and learning from others. I've given talks at local user groups, mentored co-workers in my free time, and publish open source projects.
- Consciousness of mainstream & emerging technology and trends.
- Quickly vetting and adapting to new technologies - building and improving stacks.
- High standards for great user and developer experiences.
- Interacting directly and empathetically with stakeholders and end users.
- Managing work through all phases of a development cycle.
- Eliminating friction in processes through automation.
- Understanding all the areas of a codebase and recognizing where waste can be reduced.
- Coordinating large, complex upgrades and refactors.
- Compilers, interpreters & parsers.
- Metaprogramming, language-oriented programming.
- Developer tools, hacking on build tools and bundlers.
- Automating self-hosted cloud tech.
- Forests, mountains, and seas
- Castles, ruins, and caves
- Animals: domestic, wild, and extinct
- History, art, & language